March 15th, 2024: Deadline for abstract submissions
April 5th, 2024: Notification of acceptance and selection for lightning talk sessions
June 3rd, 2024: European OHDSI Symposium in Rotterdam
We invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the symposium. Abstracts must demonstrate how the work is connected to OHDSI and relevant to OHDSI’s mission in Europe.
We especially invite European projects that have plans to implement the OMOP-CDM as part of their data network or are already actively participating in the eco-system.
All submissions will be reviewed by the symposium organizing committee. Successful posters and software demonstrations will be presented during an afternoon collaborator showcase. Collaborators will be invited to share their final posters onto a poster repository on the OHDSI website.
This year we will have a rapid fire session where a selected set of abstracts will be presented in 5-min slots during symposium.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Observational Data Management with a European focus: including interoperability standards, common data model and standardized vocabularies development and evaluation, extract-transform-load (ETL) research and applications, and data quality assessment.
- Analytics technology and infrastructure: design and implementation of hardware and open-source software solutions that leverage the OHDSI community standards or tools to enable evidence generation.
- Methodological research: research and development of new analytical methods for evidence generation, and empirical evaluation of method performance.
Submissions are not limited to finished research but could also focus on future plans to adopt the OMOP-CDM in Europe, share experience in mapping European data, research directions that may be valuable for the community to initiate collaboration, amongst other related topics.
- Please use the template for your submission
- Clearly state the names, affiliations, and emails of all co-authors
- Maximum 1000 words
- Have the following components: Title, Background, Methods, Results, Discussion/Conclusions, References
- Unpublished in the peer-review literature at the time of abstract submission
- Figures, tables, and equations can be added to the abstract to support description of the methods or results
- Save document as a PDF using the following naming convention: lastname_short-title_2024symposium, where the "lastname" corresponds to the name of the presenting author, and "short-title" should include keywords that summarize the title
How to submit
Please use the following form for your submission: link.
If you have any further questions about submissions or the OHDSI symposium please send an email to: