The Institute of Applied Biosciences, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (INAB|CERTH) follows the activities of OHDSI network and the EHDEN project for some years now and builds upon its outcomes both in terms of research and technical developments.
- We have participated in the Pharmacovigilance Evidence Investigation OHDSI working group (formerly led by Richard Boyce and currently led by Erica Voss) and also contributed to one of its publications
- We have participated in the first EHDEN symposium (on 2018), also presenting a poster
- In the context of the PVClinical research project, we build upon the OMOP-CDM and OHDSI software stack to facilitate the investigation of potential pharmacovigilance signals
- Dr. Pantelis Natsiavas, the head of the INAB|CERTH’s eHealth Lab, regularly acts as a reviewer in the EHDEN SME certification calls
Evidently, Greece is one of the countries significantly lagging behind in terms of representation in EHDEN. Considering this, as a National Node for Greece, INAB|CERTH envisages the wider adoption of OMOP-CDM as a gateway for observational research expansion.
To this end, INAB|CERTH will actively engage in the following activities:
- Active dissemination of EHDEN/OHDSI activities, aiming at (a) academia and research groups, (b) healthcare organizations, (c) policy makers, (d) companies working on eHealth and (e) organizations focusing on clinical research
- Technical and operational support of the potential data providers
- Alignment with national policy initiatives
- Regular engagement in EHDEN activities at the European level
The INAB|CERTH’s objectives as a National Node can be summarized as following:
- Increase the network of partners in Greece
- Participate in OHDSI related research
The Institute of Applied Biosciences at the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (INAB|CERTH) conducts research in the Life Sciences that extends from microbes to plants, animals and humans and it’s the largest research centre in northern Greece. Its’ eHealth Lab has been founded in 2016 and is currently led by Dr. Pantelis Natsiavas.
INAB|CERTH is already acting as a coordinator for various national and European research initiatives (ERIC-CLL, BBMRI, Hellenic Network of Precision Medicine on Cancer, MyPal project, National registry of home mechanical ventilation supported patients etc.), thus it has the necessary experience and capacity to support the role of the EHDEN National Node for Greece.
|Vlasios Dimitriadis||Institute of Applied Biosciencesemail@example.com|
- Pharmacovigilance and Clinical Environment: Utilizing OMOP-CDM and OHDSI Software Stack to Integrate EHR Data. Dimitriadis VK, Gavriilidis GI, Natsiavas P. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2021 May 27;281:555-559. doi: 10.3233/SHTI210232. PMID: 34042637
- Large-scale adverse effects related to treatment evidence standardization (LAERTES): an open scalable system for linking pharmacovigilance evidence sources with clinical data. Knowledge Base workgroup of the Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics (OHDSI) collaborative. J Biomed Semantics. 2017 Mar 7;8(1):11. doi: 10.1186/s13326-017-0115-3. PMID: 28270198